As we know, Canada is now the land of Milk & Honey because of its wonderful opportunities, great Government policies, ideal conditions for pursuing your education and job.
So, if you’re visiting Canada, you can be sure that you’ll not be discriminated against, so long as you fulfill all the Canada visa requirements.
Since you’re applying for a visa to Canada, the first thing you need to decide is the purpose of your travel. You should be pretty clear about whether your purpose is for leisure tourism, further studies, or for business purposes, as the purpose can have a great impact on your visa approval status – This will also help you determine what documents you need to make a successful visa application.
- Visa application: The visa application form is the most basic Canada visa requirement that you’ll need in order to get your visa. So, ensure that you fill the form with complete sincerity and honesty.
- Passport: The Passport should be submitted along with the visa application process. Before submitting, remember to check the validity of the passport that you’re currently having. If it is more than 10 years or if it expired before 6 months from the date of your return, it is likely to be rejected by the Canadian Embassy. Also, ensure that it has at least two blank back to back pages to mark your arrival and departure from Canada.
- Recent Photographs: Two recent Passport-sized photographs that adhere to the international passports specifications, need to be affixed to your visa application form.
- Application fee: While submitting the visa application, along with your documents, you’ll need to submit an application fee. The cost may change depending on the country that you’re applying from and the duration and purpose of your visit.
- Travel Itinerary: A round-trip travel itinerary or your flight tickets for the onward and return journey should be submitted along with the application form. This is to assure the embassy that you have plans to return to your home country, and not to stay back as an illegal migrant. Since booking the flight tickets for tentative dates is a big risk, you may ask a reputed Travel agency, such as Visa Reservation to obtain a dummy flight reservation that shows the dates and the flight numbers.
Some of the documents are not mandatory asked, but it is always better to keep them in hand, since the Immigration officer can request for these at any time. So, here are some of the non-mandatory Canada visa requirements you could be asked to furnish:
- Invitation letter: Whether you’re visiting your friend’s or relative’s place in Canada or whether you’re on a business visit, you may be requested for an invitation letter. If you’re staying at the residence that belongs to your friend or relative, you need to carry an invitation letter from them. In case, you’re on a business visit, you’ll require the invitation letter from the company in Canada that you’re visiting.
- Hotel Reservation: If you’re staying in a hotel or paid accommodation during your visit, you’ll need to make the arrangements even before your visit. This is because, you’ll need to provide the proof of your hotel reservation while applying for the visa.
- For students permit: In case you’re applying for the Students Permit, you’ll need to provide additional proofs such as the enrollment proof, explanation letter from the institution that you’re enrolled in, your TOEFL/IELTS scores, academic certificates of all your previous education and work experience certificate, if applicable.
How to apply for a Canadian visa?
You can either apply online or through submitting the application form at the Embassy. Once the visa fee is paid, you can arrange to have your biometrics taken at the nearest visa application centre.
Now, that you’re pretty clear about the Canada visa requirements and application procedures, you can start collecting all the requirements before applying. However, we understand there can be certain challenges collecting some of those documents. That’s why we provide an array of visa services that include assisting you with obtaining your travel insuranceor hotel reservation for visa. So, you can now apply for a Canadian visa without any hassles, simply by telling your requirements through our contact us page! Our wonderful team will get back to you.